FLEXIBLE SPENDING & DEPENDENT CARE ACCOUNTS
What are Flexible Spending & Dependent Care Accounts?
Flexible Spending Accounts are special accounts you put money into that you
use to pay for certain out-of-pocket health care costs. You don’t pay taxes on this money. This means you’ll save an amount equal to the taxes you would have paid on the money you set aside.
Dependent Care Accounts are pre-tax benefit accounts used to pay for dependent care services, such as preschool, summer day camp, before or after school programs, and child or elder daycare.
Expenses Must Occur During Plan Year
•Coverage provided Consolidated Admin Services
• Plan year is from January 1 – December 31 and employees must re-enroll each year
• Only family status changes will allow you to change your annual election. The altered election must be
consistent with the status change
• Married and not filing jointly participants limited to $2,500 deferral for Dependent Care
• Transfer of funds between the Dependent Care and Medical Care accounts are not allowed
• Please visit your Employee Benefits website for a complete listing of eligible expenses and qualifying
dependent care services.