What is Disability Insurance?
A type of coverage that replaces a portion of your income if injury or illness prevents you from working. It provides financial security for you and any loved ones who may depend on your ability to earn a paycheck. You may also hear disability insurance referred to as disability income insurance or income protection.
•Eligibility: All full-time employees working 20+ hours/week
• Coverage through Mutual of Omaha
• Employee must be actively at work on the effective date
• Employee can start and stop using sick leave to get through the elimination period
• No health questions - EVERY YEAR!
How to File a Telephonic Claim
Contact Mutual of Omaha at 800.877.5176
Select Option 2
Select Option 1
The Mutual Team sets up the claim and assigns it to a claims specialist.
The claims specialist verifies:
• Eligibility based on the contract
• All necessary documents have been received
• Payroll information, which may be requested from your employer
• Special handling/customized claims processing information
Follow-up contact is initiated by the claims analyst as follows:
• If a claim is pending, check-in calls are made weekly
• If a claim is approved, check-in calls are made every other week
• If a claim is denied, the claims specialist calls you to ensure all documentation and records have been received and to discuss the decision
If you need further assistance, please reach us here - firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Campus Benefits help with filing a claim.
1 (866) 433-7661